9-11 September 2015, Sheffield Showroom & Workstation
Following the highly successful meeting in May 2014, Ian Rotherham and colleagues organised this major international, 3-day conference on the theme of ‘wilder by design’. The 2014 event raised fundamental issues including the following:
Understanding concepts of ‘wild’, ‘re-wilding’ and ‘wilderness’ in urban and rural settings, as individuals and for different communities:
- The language used to discuss concepts and how they are represented and communicated to the wider world;
- The political, economic and social contexts and drivers for change;
- The short and longer-term impacts of change;
- How underlying change affects ability to create, manage and sustain future landscapes.
- What wild and wilderness mean to individuals.
With speakers including Franz Vera, Professor Ian Rotherham, George Peterken, Chris and Anne Smout, Della Hooke and many more, the 1025 'Wild Thing??' conference allowed for a diverse range of subjects along the theme of 're-wilding' to be covered and stimulated lively debate.
Wild Thing?? Days 1 & 2, 9-10 September) (Photos: Chris Percy/SYBRG, 2015)
Wild Thing?? Day 3, 11 September 2015) (Photos: Chris Percy/SYBRG, 2015)